It is a popular and widely accepted benchmark that small businesses should spend between five to ten percent of their sales revenue in promoting and advertising their business each year. For their advertising dollars, owners aim at a mix of the highest quality leads and the most leads possible. However, with limited budgets, small business owners are also looking for good opportunities to promote their business for free.
there are four important things to know about free listings:
- Accurate Data: If you have a business phone, your business (most likely) already has some sort of data on these sites. You should “claim your listing” to ensure that your listing (or business profile page) has accurate, up-to-date data.
- Your Reputation: Your free listing or business profile page may contain ratings and reviews of your products or services from your customers. You should monitor the ratings and reviews that appear on these sites so that you can engage with your customers. These ratings and reviews might be visible only on these websites and not available on the search engines, such as Google. Again, not all ratings and reviews are visible through search engines, but your potential customers may see them. These sites provide you, as the business owner, an opportunity to respond to both the positive and negative feedback.
Use the three big local listing services in sweden
Registering your business with Google Places
Embrace social media in sweden
Social media isn’t just a tool to gain exposure—it has now become a necessary time investment for every business to make. You can tie in ads and offers on your Facebook page and have a direct channel with your customers on Twitter. Networking on LinkedIn—both at the personal and company level—can be another way to help your startup.
Start a blog in sweden
A blog not only helps your company get its name out through followers, but is a way to connect with your consumers more directly. But remember that one of the major keys of blogging is to keep your stream updated as frequently as you can. A dormant, abandoned blog is worth nothing.
Some Tips To Remember When Using Photos In The Newspaper
1. Make sure the photos are not too dark or too light.
2. Take the photo to a print shop and have a PMT (Photo Mechanical Transfer) made. The printer can lighten and darken each photo as needed. The cost is about $5.00 each in most markets.
3. If the photos are similar in lightness and darkness, the printer can “gang” the photos. He can shoot several photos on one page for one price.
4. If you need to make a “head shot” for the paper, ask the photographer to use a light background instead of a gray or black background. Your photo will show up much better.
5. If you’re using photos of your building, keep in mind the image you want to project to the reader. Does your business look open or closed? Are there cars in the parking lot? Does the business look prosperous?
6. If you are using a photo of your employees, the common mistake is to take the photo from too far away. For some strange reason people feel we must include the full body in the shot and the faces of the employees are lost.
Arrange your employees in two or three rows with the back rows standing on curbs or boxes. Move in so the bottom of the picture hits the bottom row of employees about chest high.
This way the reader can see everyone’s face clearly and the ad will be much more effective.